Welcome to Kestrels!
Teacher: Miss Lloyd
Teaching Assistants: Miss Taylor
The children in Year 4 are now well established in Key Stage 2 and, as a result, will be expected to show greater responsibility and independence in and around the school.
Along with our high expectations for behaviour this year, we will be ensuring that children are supported and nurtured at all times during their year with us.
Each term we will send home a Topic Web to let you know what we are learning about and what opportunities are being provided for the children.
This half term our whole school theme is "Journey".
During the half term, the children will have the opportunity to write their own adventure narrative and play script based upon "Journey" by Aaron Becker.
In Geography our topic is deserts and in Science our topic is living things and their habitats. As part of these topics, we will have the opportunity to visit Bristol Zoo to learn about different habitat types (desert and woodland), how animals are suited to different habitats and how micro habitats can be protected.
We will be completing various art projects linked to the theme of Journey and identify how different religions view life as a journey during RE.
Please see our topic web for a more detailed over view of everything we will be covering this half term.
- Reading diaries must come into school everyday. It is very important that the children complete their "5 a day".
- Please ensure your child brings a water bottle to school to ensure they stay hydrated and motivated to learn.
- Home learning will be set every Friday and is due back the following Thursday.
- PE lessons will be on a Monday and Friday. Please ensure your child has a PE kit in school.
- The children will be going swimming on a Friday during the Autumn term.